With regard to the introduction of the governmental program ‘Good Start’ („Dobry start”) that entitles the children that are learning in schools to receive 300 PLN single instalment to cover expenses related to purchases before the new school year, we are happy to inform you that under certain conditions, foreigners can also benefit from this programme.
Please find below a short summary of the programme and conditions to be met by the foreigner in order to benefit from it.
About the programme
- A benefit of 300 PLN net paid in a single instalment may be received by students starting the school year
- The programme covers all the children that are learning in school (both public or private), up to the age of 20 (or up to 24 in case of people with disabilities)
- The benefits from the programme will not cover children staying in the kindergarden – the benefit can cover only students of primary, secondary and high-schools
- Getting the benefit is not dependable on the number of kids in the family or on average monthly income in the family
- Benefits received from the programme are not treated as an income, they are not taxed.
Who can apply
The program is applicable to:
- The foreigners employed in Poland, who have Work and residence permits - the requirement is that they have to live with family members in Poland and their permit to stay and work must be granted for more than 9 months
- Foreigners having a temporary residence permit for the purpose of performing work within the framework of an intra-corporate transfer – delegation
- the foreigners that were granted either permanent or temporary residence permit card with the remark „access to the labor market” („dostęp do rynku pracy”- please see the specimen below) for the period of at least 6 months and that are staying on the territory of Poland with their family members.
How to apply
- The motion is submitted on behalf of each child by the parent or the legal guardian
- The motion can be submitted in the municipal office (as from 1st of August) or via the online application (as of 1st July)
- You can submit the motion online using the empatia.mrpips.gov.pl portal or via your electronic banking site (polish bank accounts only)
- If the motion is submitted in July or August, the benefit will be paid no later than on September 30th. In the case of applications submitted form September on, the administrative offices will have a maximum of 2 months from the date of submitting the application for consideration and payment of the benefit
- Motions can be submitted no later than 30th November 2018.
In case of further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact JP Weber team.