Most post-merger integrations fail to meet their anticipated objectives, resulting in a significant loss of shareholder value and impacting on the overall M&A process.
The complexity of integrating different systems and teams post-M&A can lead to unexpected challenges. Problems arise due to inadequate due diligence processes, cultural conflicts, incompatible strategic goals and inadequate communication. As experts in transaction and transformation consulting, we help clients manage post-merger integration.
As part of our Post-Merger Integration services, the following support is offered, in that we:
- advice on post-merger integrations;
- build and develop an integration office (IMO) responsible for managing post-trade initiatives;
- create and enforce pre- and post-merger communication and change management strategies;
- identify and managing synergies in the form of revenue opportunities, generating savings and operational improvements;
- support leadership and management in the change process;
- integrate of business processes and technology systems, and management of initiatives from mapping, redundancy identification and optimisation to implementation.