JP Weber

JP Weber advises the Wielton Group on a transaction on the British market.

Share your content

JP Weber advises the Wielton Group on a transaction on the British market.

JP Weber has provided transactional advisory services to the Wielton Group - the largest in Poland and one of the leading European manufacturers of semi-trailers and trailers - in the process of acquiring shares in Lawrence David Limited, located in the UK, which is one of the leading manufacturers of semi-trailers on the British market.

The first stage of the acquisition of Lawrence David by the Wielton Group took place in 2018. The Group then purchased 75 per cent of the company's shares. The value of the transaction was GBP 26 million. The share purchase agreement provided for the acquisition in two stages, i.e., the acquisition of 75 per cent of the shares in 2018 and the remaining 25 per cent of the shares after 31st May 2022.  

The JP Weber team advised the Wielton Group from the outset of the transaction, starting with the preparation of the process, through working on the transaction’s documentation, negotiations, and finally closing the transaction. The project was coordinated by Grzegorz Piechowiak, Managing Partner at JP Weber. The legal aspects of the transaction were supervised by Izabela Janiszewska, Manager and Attorney-at-law at JP Weber.  

Wielton

For a number of years, the Wielton Group has been building its position on the European market by acquiring strong, local brands. In May 2015, Wielton acquired Fruehauf, a leading manufacturer of semi-trailers and trailers in France, in August of the same year the Italian company Viberti Rimorchi (formerly Italiana Rimorchi) joined the Group. These operations paved the way for Wielton to become the third largest European player in the industry. The acquisition of Langendorf allowed for the expansion of the product range as well as an increase in the share of the capital group on the German market. In 2021, Wielton acquired shares in Guillén, which has confirmed the Group's current development strategy through acquisitions.

JP Weber News

Would you like to benefit from our experts’ knowledge? E-mail us at info@jpweber.com, and we will comprehensively help you to develop your business in Poland and abroad.

CONTACT US

JP Weber

Marta Marczak

Marta Marczak

Marketing & Communications Director

Read also

Restructuring Trends – Poland 2022 See more

See more Restructuring Trends – Poland 2022

JP Weber advised Dohwa Engineering Co, Ltd. and Korea National Railway See more

See more JP Weber advised Dohwa Engineering Co, Ltd. and Korea National Railway

Always up to date.

Our experts share their knowledge on a daily basis. We invite you to read our articles, reports, and alerts.